Date(s): Thursday, June 17, 2021
Hours: 10:00 AM
Event: Woody Island Pronghorn Migration Fence Modification Workshop
This area hosts one of the most critical pronghorn migration connectivity corridors in the state. Learn about pronghorn migration and win-win solutions for wildlife and livestock producers in this area. Participate in making lasting improvements to pronghorn migration through fence modifications.
Thursday June 17th
• 10:00-10:30 Pronghorn migration and research
• 10:30-11:00 Project funding and overview (NRCS, Pheasants Forev-er, RSA, USFWS)
• 11:00-11:30 Landowner Perspective from Louie Petrie Ranch
• 11:30–12:00 Fence modification demonstration
• 12:00-1:00 Lunch (Provided by BCCD and First Bank of MT)
• 1:00–5:00 Assist with planned fence modifications
• 5:00 - 6:00 Social hour with beverages
• 6:00 BBQ dinner (Provided by Louie Petrie Ranch)
Friday June 18
• 8-12:00 Assist with planned fence modifications
• 12:00- 1:00 PM Lunch (Provided by Ducks Unlimited)
• 1:00–undetermined Assist with planned fence modifications
*Camping is provided for those wanting to volunteer to assist with more fence modifications on June 18th. Please join us even if it is only for the a couple hours, a day, or the entire two day event.
*For individuals planning to volunteer with fence modifications– plan on coming to work outside in variable conditions. It is a good idea to have good footwear and gloves and a posi-tive attitude!
RSVP with Jeff Torano at email@example.com or at 406-265-6792 x3
Directions: From Chinook head East on US HWY 2 travel 20.1 miles, turn left onto Central Ave W and travel .9 miles, turn left onto State HWY 241 and travel 35.6 miles, turn right onto Mutton Hollow Ln and continue to the ranch headquarters.